Grilled salmon is a favorite among seafood lovers, and adding a spicy twist to it can make it even more delicious and exciting. The combination of chili paste, soy sauce, and sesame oil in this Spicy Grilled Salmon recipe adds a unique flavor and aroma that will tantalize your taste buds.
We will discuss why Spicy Grilled Salmon is the perfect choice for healthy summer dinner recipes on a keto diet. We will also provide a step-by-step guide on how to make it, some helpful tips, and answer some frequently asked questions.
Why “Spicy Grilled Salmon” best for healthy summer dinner recipes keto?
Salmon is an excellent choice for a keto diet because it is rich in healthy fats, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids. Adding a spicy twist to it not only enhances its taste but also offers some additional health benefits. Chili paste contains capsaicin, which has been shown to have anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties. Sesame oil is rich in antioxidants, while soy sauce is a low-carb and gluten-free alternative to traditional marinades.
Moreover, grilling the salmon makes it a perfect low-carb and healthy summer dinner recipe that you can enjoy guilt-free.
How to Make?
- 4 salmon fillets (skin-on)
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Cauliflower rice or a green salad for serving
- In a small bowl, mix the chili paste, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Make sure to mix them well, so the flavors are evenly distributed.
- Pat the salmon fillets dry with a paper towel. This will remove any excess moisture and help the marinade stick to the salmon. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Brush the marinade generously over the salmon fillets, making sure to cover them completely. You can use a brush or a spoon to do this. Be sure to coat the salmon evenly with the marinade.
- Let the salmon marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours. You can keep the salmon in the fridge while it marinates to prevent any spoilage.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Grease the grill grates with some oil or cooking spray to prevent the salmon from sticking.
- Place the salmon fillets skin-side down on the grill. Close the lid and cook for 5-7 minutes. You can check if the salmon is ready by gently lifting the corner of the fillet with a spatula. If the skin is crispy and the flesh is opaque, it’s ready to flip.
- Carefully flip the salmon fillets using a spatula and grill for another 2-3 minutes on the other side. Be careful not to break the salmon fillets while flipping them.
- Remove the salmon from the grill and let it rest for a minute or two. This will allow the juices to redistribute and the flavors to settle.
- Serve the Spicy Grilled Salmon hot with some lime wedges and a side of cauliflower rice or a green salad. Squeeze the lime over the salmon just before serving to add a fresh citrusy flavor.
These instructions will help you make delicious Spicy Grilled Salmon that’s perfect for a healthy and satisfying summer dinner.
When grilling salmon, it is important to keep the skin on to prevent it from sticking to the grill grates. You can remove the skin after grilling if you prefer.
Can I use frozen salmon fillets for Spicy Grilled Salmon?
Yes, you can. Just make sure to thaw them completely before marinating and grilling.
Can I substitute the chili paste with something else?
Yes, you can use hot sauce or red pepper flakes instead of chili paste.
Can I use olive oil instead of sesame oil?
Yes, you can. However, sesame oil adds a unique flavor and aroma to the marinade.
Can I grill the salmon on a stove-top grill pan?
Yes, you can. Just make sure to preheat the grill pan and grease it with some oil or cooking spray.
You can freeze the marinated salmon fillets for up to 3 months. Place them in an airtight container or a freezer bag and label them with the date and contents. Thaw them completely before grilling.
Leftover grilled salmon can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
One serving of Spicy Grilled Salmon (1serving, or about 4 ounces of salmon) contains approximately:
- Calories: 240
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Protein: 24 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 1 g
Salmon is an excellent source of protein and healthy fats, including omega-3 fatty acids. It also contains vitamins and minerals such as vitamin D, vitamin B12, and selenium.
Spicy Grilled Salmon is a healthy and delicious summer dinner recipe that is perfect for those following a keto diet. The combination of chili paste, soy sauce, and sesame oil adds a unique flavor and aroma to the salmon, while grilling it makes it a low-carb and guilt-free meal. With the step-by-step guide, helpful tips, and answers to some frequently asked questions, you can easily make this dish at home and enjoy it with a side of cauliflower rice or a green salad.