Are you looking for a delicious and healthy summer dinner recipe that is quick and easy to make? Look no further than the Shrimp and Asparagus Skillet! This dish is perfect for those who want a light and nutritious meal without sacrificing flavor.
By combining succulent shrimp, crisp asparagus, garlic, and olive oil, this skillet dish will become a new favorite in your kitchen. Served with a side of roasted sweet potato or butternut squash, this dish is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
Why Shrimp and Asparagus Skillet is the Best for Healthy Summer Dinner Recipes?
Shrimp and asparagus skillet is one of the best summer dinner recipes because it is light, refreshing, and packed with nutrition. Shrimp is a low-calorie protein source that is high in omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for heart health. Asparagus is a nutrient-dense vegetable that is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. By combining these two ingredients, you get a dish that is not only delicious but also highly nutritious.
How to Make Shrimp and Asparagus Skillet?
- 1 pound of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roasted sweet potato or butternut squash (optional)
- Heat the skillet: Start by heating a large skillet over medium-high heat. This allows the pan to heat up and ensures that the ingredients cook evenly.
- Add olive oil and garlic: Once the skillet is hot, add the olive oil and minced garlic to the pan. The oil helps to cook the ingredients and adds flavor, while the garlic infuses the dish with its delicious aroma.
- Cook garlic: Cook the garlic for 1-2 minutes until it becomes fragrant. This means you’ll be able to smell the garlic and it will start to turn golden brown.
- Add shrimp: Once the garlic is cooked, add the shrimp to the skillet. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper to taste. Make sure the shrimp is spread out in a single layer in the pan. This helps to ensure that each piece cooks evenly and gets a nice sear on it.
- Cook shrimp: Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side until it turns pink and is cooked through. The cooking time may vary depending on the size of your shrimp, but be sure not to overcook it as overcooked shrimp can become tough and rubbery.
- Add asparagus: Once the shrimp is cooked, add the asparagus to the skillet. The asparagus should be trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces. Stir everything together so that the asparagus is coated in the garlic and oil mixture. Cook the asparagus for an additional 2-3 minutes until it is tender but still crisp.
- Remove from heat and serve: Once the asparagus is cooked to your liking, remove the skillet from the heat and transfer the shrimp and asparagus to a serving dish. Serve immediately with a side of roasted sweet potato or butternut squash if desired.
By following these steps, you’ll have a delicious and healthy summer dinner that is easy to make and sure to impress!
To ensure that your shrimp is cooked to perfection, be sure not to overcook it. Overcooked shrimp can become tough and rubbery. Cook your shrimp until it turns pink and is cooked through, which should only take a few minutes.
Can I use frozen shrimp instead of fresh shrimp?
Yes, you can use frozen shrimp. Just be sure to thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before cooking.
Can I substitute another vegetable for asparagus?
Yes, you can substitute another vegetable for asparagus. Broccoli, green beans, or snap peas would all work well in this recipe.
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
While it is best to serve this dish immediately after cooking, you can make it ahead of time and reheat it in the microwave or on the stovetop. However, the asparagus may become slightly overcooked when reheated.
This dish is not recommended for freezing as it may result in the shrimp becoming tough and rubbery. It is best to make this dish fresh and serve it immediately.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat, simply microwave or reheat on the stovetop until heated through.
This recipe serves four and has the following nutritional information per serving:
- Calories: 204
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Protein: 26g
- Sodium: 307mg
- Fiber: 2g
Shrimp and Asparagus Skillet is the perfect dish for those who want a healthy and delicious meal that is easy to make. By combining succulent shrimp, crisp asparagus, garlic, and olive oil, this skillet dish is not only flavorful but also packed with nutrition. It is low in calories, high in protein, and loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
This dish can be served with a side of roasted sweet potato or butternut squash for a complete and satisfying meal. It is a perfect option for a summer dinner when you want something light and refreshing.
With the helpful tip and FAQ’s, you can easily make this dish without any trouble. Also, you can store the leftovers in the refrigerator and reheat them the next day.
So next time you are looking for a quick and healthy summer dinner recipe, try the Shrimp and Asparagus Skillet. Your taste buds and body will thank you!